Monday, December 8, 2014

          

                The weather outside is... Well delightful!

I am sorry i just see all these messages about cold weather and snow and freezing temperatures and so i just wanted to say it is a constant 84 degrees here with a cool island breeze all week long with the chance of a downpour Tuesday but with the temperature not dropping below 80. 
Haha other than the weather being constant and nice this week has gone pretty good, a little slow but good. We did quite a bit of work this week and did a lot of walking. And apparently to everyone here they think that i am a navy boy with the way i dress and carry myself at least that is what everyone tells me haha so maybe i will look into that afterwards. We visited quite a few people and met a little girl who had us come inside her house and teach her father who i believe was from the KPC or now KUC Kiribati United Church and we ended up talking with the man for over an hour or so about the church. It was interesting because he seemed to get it, it was funny though because there was an empty space of about 2 hours in our schedule and we didnt know what we were going to do so we started walking to tract a little and that is when the girl came to us. I know that everything happens for a reason and for the gain of experience.
       I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ restored through the prophet Joseph Smith in our day. I know that without a shadow of a doubt in my mind and even though it is tough sometimes i am never alone, we are never alone. The welcoming hand of the savior is always waiting just above our heads to pick us up when we fall and although He may not always carry us through our times of trouble He will never forsake us. This is the true church. I love it with all my heart. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and Thomas S Monson is a prophet of God in these the latter days. I know that in their words we can find guidance and comfort because their words come from our father in heaven. You can always pray to your father He will always listen. In the name of my savior Jesus Christ amen. I love you all and hope that your week goes great! :)
Love, Elder Scot Carrington

No comments:

Post a Comment