Sunday, October 19, 2014

                                                       Welcome to the Jungle

 The work has begun and it is simply marvelous! Last week I had a baptism i believe in buota and it was a very good day and the boy was excited and happy for it. It is beautiful everywhere here and the people are nice everywhere you go. I had a companion transfer again Sat. and now work in Bikenibeu and the work there is absolutely great, we have a lot of investigators and they are going strong! We have at least usually 6 lessons a day and never have to tract we get them all from refferals. The work is definitely hastening and the field is white. The language is getting a bit easier to hear and comprehend but there is still a bit that I dont understand, it will come though. Speaking is going good and I am learning more and more. Even though my speech is broken and sometimes I know I am not saying things right I can feel a greater power taking over I can feel the spirit testifying of my testimony out here and though it is small at times it is heard. I am just one voice, but one voice can change the world.
    On a different note I wake up once every morning at 4:30 or so to chickens crowing loudly outside my window and all over outside. They never fail to sound and make sure I am awake haha. We also went to an investigating family's house this week and had some fish called milk fish. The family that prepared it didnt take out the bones of the fish but they were so small I thought it was one of the fish that you just eat them. I took out the bigger bones and started eating it and looked over at my companions plate and he hardly had any bones on his plate so I guess he was eating them too so I was eating it right but it was terrible because the bones stabbed my throat and made it hard to eat without gagging. He said I was lucky to have that fish on Tarawa because it was milk fish and it is only found on Christmas island and I remember thinking good it can stay on christmas because I dont feel lucky at all, but I was talking to him afterwards the next day and talked about the bones and He said no you dont eat those, you eat the meat and spit the bones out i just put mine on the ground... Oh awesome. I told him how i thought it wasnt that great of a dish and that now i know why it was not so great haha.We told the family this and they thought it was hilarious haha so i guess the moral of this story dont eat the bones!
      The culture is different out here and they speak a different language and eat different food. It looks different, it feels different, and even smells different but I know that God is here. He is with all his children on all ends of the earth. He loves each and every one and will never leave them alone even when it feels like we are so very lost. "It is better to look up" when we are in the midst of our trials and hardships it is so easy to trudge forward eyes on the mud infront of us, when we are actually not seeing the heavenly help that is coming from above. Always look up because although it may be hard at times there is always good things we can look to good times before, blessings happening now, and Great and marvelous times to come. Keep you head up. Awake and arise from the dust, let your light so shine and be blessed. I know that we can all feel the love God has for us and that He is always there sometimes He may be just waiting for us to ask. He will give you peace and joyous feelings. Count your blessings, angels will attend.    I love you all, stay strong, do good things.
          Love, Elder Scot Carrington

No comments:

Post a Comment