Wednesday, October 15, 2014

                                                The Day Dawn is Breaking

This week ended up flying past. Today we got up at 5 am to do laundry and get a head start hence the title of the day dawn is breaking. I am one of the Online coordinators starting last Sunday so i basically tell the new missionaries about online rules, the MTC programs to go through on the website and the missionary portal. The language is getting much better, I bwati n taetae ni kiribati! I kewe. haha
           You have no idea how much I am dying to eat any other food but the MTC cafe, but you know some days aren't too bad I am starting to learn the phrase "eat to live and not live to eat." So I have learned some information about the culture and environment of Kiribati and despite all of it I am still so excited to leave I want to get on that plane!  So by the sounds of it from my teacher the conditions in kiribati are pretty dirty. The water has worms and there are no running showers or sometimes electricity on outer islands and every missionary gets at least one transfer to an outer island I'm so excited! haha! The rain sounds great, I hear the fish is amazing since it is so fresh and the coconut milk and sap is amazing. I am jumping out of my seat here everytime we talk about it. The Tongans just got there travel plans today and they leave October 4th so it is probably safe to say I will have mine relatively soon as well probably by next week. :)
                   My companions are great! They are hilarious and fun to be around. We have been growing pretty close in brotherly love and have been talking about how cool it would be if by chance 2 of us got paired up at the end of the mission. The times can be tough but it always works out. 
               I feel like I wont feel as prepared as i think i should be when we go to leave but I keep trying to take it one step at a time. If i am not the most prepared when I leave I am sure that i will be when i get there because i am going to have to be haha.
               It's been a great week and I am holding the next one to high standards! It is finally time to forget myself and get to work I have found out. The more I keep my mind here and on the work the more I know I will be prepared! I am so excited for what lies ahead, but I am remembering to watch my step and make sure i have good footing. I look forward to hearing from everyone again and I will end in testimony. 
                I know that God is there. He is always looking after us even when we feel like nothing is there. If you ever feel this way remember he has not set you up to fail and He will be there. The teacher is always quiet during the test. Just bear with patience thine afflictions and everything will work out wait for the light at the end of the tunnel, it may seem dark now but it is assure that the dawn is coming. He will be there. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.
                I love you all! Love, Elder Scot Wayne Carrington

No comments:

Post a Comment